Leadership Development for Independent Schools
Board of Trustees Development – Orientation Workshops, Planning Retreats, Strategic Board Composition; Board Self-Evaluation Surveys and Workshops
The leadership of a school begins at the board level. There are no outstanding schools without outstanding boards; whereas the schools most in need of guidance normally lack effective board leadership.
We emphasize orienting and developing the governance board with a goal to expand trustees’ awareness of, and capability in:
- Understanding and fulfilling their roles and responsibilities, and following best practices
- The importance of building and maintaining a strategically composed board with a clear sense of direction
- The essential need for trustee leadership in planning and fundraising
- Supporting and evaluating the head of school
- The enduring value of having each board chair deliver to his/her successor a properly oriented, well-organized and sustainable governance culture.
An informed, confident and engaged board is critical to the success of the school, and that is our primary consulting focus.